Thursday, January 5, 2012
Happy New Year... The Protective Styling Continues!
Happy New Year Everyone!
Yes I feel blessed to see another Year....Welcome 2012..
I am still doing my protective style challenge and plan on continuing until the end of April or May. The end of January I will be 3 Years fully Natural and boy have I learned alot about my hair.
Just a Few things I've Learned about My hair!
1. My hair is definitely effected by the medications that I take. The texture, growth and dryness.
2. My hair will break like no ones business with highlights using Volume 20....That is too much. No more will I ever try that.
3. My edges loved to be braided and twisted and flourish when I protective style and get weathered when my hair is out.
4. My hair needs a bit of glycerin in my ingredients to give the plumpness to my twists.
5. My hair loves Aloe Vera Gel and Juice , Natural Essential Oils, Coconut Oil.
6. My hair has become an accessory and I can change it up as much as I want and is adored.
7. My hair loves water and cowashing but I have moved away from the Wash N Go.
I have more of course but this journey is definitely not over.
I am looking forwarded to growing my hair out this year and definitely listening to my hair and making sure that I am retaining length. I donot think I did a good job at all this past year in keeping my hair healthy. others may not have known but I surely could see the damage and rejection during my styling and grooming sessions.
I think I have really found a good hair sealer with the GNatural hair and scalp conditioner. This stuff has my hair feeling soft and keeps the moisture in my twists. I use it a bit like those who have experimented with the
"Grease" except this is all natural and feels more like a oil/pomade. It is very light. I am also using the design essentials but I think I am ready to try a Entwines Ala Mode for my Twists. We will see if I make that purchase. I have been trying to use the products that I have up before buying more.
Well that is all for now but you never know. I may come back with another hairstyle this week.