Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year 2013 - 4 YEARS NATURAL










I know, I know its been a long time and I will try to do better.  I promise in 2013.  Alot but Nothing has been going on with me since I last posted.  I still need to lose the pounds that I gained, my hair is growing and I am still trying to take care of it as best as I can.

 Just wanted to jump in and post a few pics to start the new year.  I have decided to do WNG styling for the entire month of January 2013 with refreshing every 2 days and deep conditioning Once a week.  I want to see how my hair reacts to what I am doing.  Of course it is Winter in Maryland and the weather can be harsh, but I have done WNG's all winter before and my hair never suffered.   The only difference is that back then I used products that did have Dimethicone (Herbal Essence ). 

Well I have picked up the cones again for this winter but also using the LOC method to loc the moisture in under those cones...LMBO.  I have been using the Aussie Moist Conditioner after using the As I AM Naturally Cowash.   I then Rinse 50% of the conditioner, Add some Oil Concoction(Rosemary, Grapeseed, Argan, Olive Oil, peppermint, Black Castor oil) and then a dollop of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie then Finish with some Liquid Gel (Curl Keeper by Curly Solutions/Curls In a Bottle by Curl Junkie).  I still would like to restrict using any Shampoo to Once a month if needed.  I have never had a problem with Build up of cones in my hair and for the most part I still limit my usage of them.  I think the cones, as long as I Moisturize under and over, will help protect my hair from the harsh winter. 

Let's see if I can get positive results all January and may push through February.  I am doing my WNG at night and doing the pineapple method or just the satin pillow case.  This results in lightly damp roots that I diffuse or blow slightly for 2 mins tops.

Well for now, here are a few pics over the past month.  I even straightened my hair after 3 1/2 yrs of no flatironing or wearing straight.  I do still love my twist outs as well but will be resuming after this small challenge.

Flat twist Out

Straight to Curly (Prepoo) - Early Dec.No Heat Damage Thank You Jesus!

Texture shot - Jan 1, 2013

WNG wet 1/1/13

WNG Wet & Dry 12/31/12

5 comments:

  1. So glad to see you back! Your hair looks happy and healthy and growing beautifully. I love the curls but that straight style is gorgeous on you too. I'm looking forward to more posts. Welcome back, love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice hair, V! Very nice!

    I hope to see more of it in 2013. I also like the new look of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that flat twist out. Really cute and your hair is getting longer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V, I took my blog private but hope that you'll still wish to continue to follow. If so, please contact me at jazzwife.sax@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete