|Flat Twist to one side w/ Individual 2 strand twists set on Rod curlers|
|BACK VIEW.... I DON'T KNOW WHY I BOTHER TO PAY A STYLIST|
The plan is to chronicle my protective style challenge on my blog and to challenge my styling skills as well as to hold me to my challenge. I will not have a particular wash schedule but:
1. I will do deep conditioning treatment at least 3 times per month.
2. Prepoo with Vatika Oil and Conditioner prior to using No Sulfate Shampoo.
3. Deep condition with my Heat Therapy Wrap ( just bought)
4. Keep my hair twisted, braided, bun, and my ends protected as much as possible with only 2 days loose hair. (if even that long, mostly prior to wash day).
5. Moisturize and seal in the AM and the PM.
I will not indicate which products will be used but I will continue to use all natural products to prevent buildup. I will do rinsing or co washing while in these styles only when necessary. I may also utilize my steamer while in protective styles to add even more moisture if deemed necessary. Yesterday when doing this style, my hair felt weak to me. Although it may just have been because I was going from one style to another without washing but to me my hair felt fragile. I did not like that feeling. My hair deserves better and I am going to give it the Attention.
Some things I will be paying attention to:
1. My diet
2. My nails when styling. Do not damage hair because of raggedy nails!
3. Root to tip thickness, curl reaction and porosity.
4. Protecting ends and special moisture and seal of last 1/2 of strands. Extra moisture and care.
5. My hair reaction to my regimen on a weekly basis. updates, updates, and documenting.
Goal: Healthy Body, Healthy Hair, Healthy Spirit, Healthy Mind = Happy Me!