Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dye & 2 Strand Twists at 4:30AM.....I Need a Nap and its Only 10am.





Yes the Title says it all.  I went to bed at 9:30pm last night and awakened at 3AM.  I don't know if it was subconscious that I knew I wanted to Dye my hair Silken Black (Clairol Texture & Tones) or that I really was not that tired to sleep through the entire night.

Well at 3AM I started watching what I had recorded on my DVR.  The Game and In The Bedroom (OWN network).  Both shows were really really good and every one must catch In the Bedroom... Very good relationship show for married and single folk.  I was done with these shows by 430 and decided to start my Dye and twists.   My plan was to get a trim, dye my hair (tired of that color) and put my hair in twists on wet hair so as to prepare it for a Banging Twist Out for my Tournament in Cleveland.  Mission was accomplished.

I was done Dying and deep conditioning my hair by 6 am and began my 2 strand twists about 6:15am to completion a little before 7:30am.   I used the Oyin Honey Wash, Suave Almond & Shea, and Aussie Moist 3 Minute Marvel to wash and condition my hair.   I used the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie for my 2 strands and finished with a Aloe Vera Gel and Coconut Oil Sealer. 

My initial review of the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie is that when I was done with the twists,  My hair had definite shrinkage and serious Curl and Hold.    Maybe the Smoothie has a bit of Protein in it but I counteracted the extra hold with my coconut oil and my Oyin Spritz of Juices and Berries.  I am pretty sure that my Twist out will have major definition this weekend.


The SMCE Smoothie felt great going on the hair because it is very thick.  On the jar it says for Thick Curly hair but hey, it worked on my not so Thick Fine Curly Hair.  The smell was that of Vanilla Cake Batter but it did not linger so that was pretty good.  The Consistency was very Thick but when on very smooth.  A little goes a long way with this product and I am glad that I got a chance to try this product out.  Before attempting to twist.  I used about 2 Quarter size amounts and distributed it through my wet hair.  My curls began to pop all over but I was not going for the WNG today but made a mental note of the reaction my hair had to the product.  I just cant wait until the weather is warmer.


So all in all, I am now in need of a Nap at 10 am but my hair is all set for this coming weekend.  Got my Trim ( not sure how much taken off , but sure not too much...LOL), Got my Black Silken Dye ( Hair looking Richer) and Got My TST.... Next up is a Good Nap at Lunch time.   Be Blessed and Have a Great Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment