Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

How Does It Look - 11/6/11 Protective Style Challenge - Flat & 2-Strand Twists




Good Morning,

Just wanted to update on my Protective Style Challenge.  As you can see I  did not post pictures of the twist out from the last posting because I only had it for a few hours.   On Friday I decided to go and get my ends trimmed in the middle of my work day.  I decided to actually get a twist style so that I could wear my hair in a twist out to the Bull & Oyster Roast.


Here is the picture of the style that was done.   It was very neat and I almost hated to do the twist out and mad that I did not take any pictures of the actual twist out that was worn out of this style.

The wash, trim and style was nice and that along with a purchase of some Design Essential Daily Moisturizing Lotion was only $79.  I didn't think it was too bad.

While at the salon, I really did not like how I could see the damaged areas from the coloring that I insisted on getting from my former Relaxed Stylist.  I have areas of my hair that are much straighter and that coupled with fine strands create a real crazy shaft to my twists.   ( See picture Below)
As you can see in the front part of my hair how the strand has a definite thinness in the middle of the twist.  That is the part that is straighter/wavy and can be difficult to keep twisted.   Eventually I will be cutting my hair past that point as my hair grows out this winter.   I am preparing my hair for a major cut before the summer time.  So probably around May or June 2012.  I figure that by that time I should be able to retain at least 3-4 inches of hair if properly cared for.  Sometimes I must remember that my Medications may hender my hair progress but we will see what happens.



I think that I will definitely be staying away from mini twists until I rectify this problem.  The Mini twists accentuates the damage and I am really not feeling that look.  Of course the style in these two pictures were done courtesy of me when retwisting on Sunday after my twist out.

Products Used:

Design Essential Daily Moisturizer and GNatural Hair and Scalp Conditioner.

The resulting twists were full of shine and pumping without an excessive amount of shrinkage due to the stretched style that preceded this one.  I bought the Design Essentials Natural Curl Stretching Creme when my Daughter did her big chop and like the hold that I got for twisting styles.  However I bought the Daily Moisturizing Lotion which is not as heavy and gives a lighter hold.  I really like the GNatural Hair and Scalp Conditioner and it gives my hair great shine, softness and moisturizing seal.

I am going to be bowling this week as an extension of last week Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs.   prior to going to the Bowling tournament in Delaware on Friday 11/10.  Therefore that gives little time for my hair, packing and preparing my home (cleaning/maintenance).  Gonna be a short week because I will be taking off Friday (Veteran's Day) which working for a government contractor is right in line with our Customers.

Have a great week and I may be trying a flexirod style for this coming weekend.  I will post again this week if something worth posting about actually happens.  GOD BLESS!

3 comments:

  1. I love your flat twists! They are so neat and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually studied your posted pix up close. I am fascinated that the middle of your twists are not as full as the rest of the twist. I am really sorry that the color did this but I think it is really cool that you've already identified your solution. I suspect a cut will be just the right remedy for your hair. And you'll have to remember: no harsh color. I look forward to your new bold look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The funny thing is J is that it is because the hair is straighter that it seems so much thinner. The strand itself has been altered. See my next post for a better look. I have been thinking about cutting my hair anyway but was going to wait until Spring 2012 anyway.

    ReplyDelete