Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Shedding vs. Breakage

Hey Everybody,

I finally took those salon styled 2 strand flat twist updo down and let me tell you.   I had so much hair to put in the trash I was almost suicidal.  Still kind of unable to tell breakage from shedding but I really think it was more breakage than anything.

I really feel I need to go get a good trim and make sure my ends are on point.   I think a good Steam Deep Conditioner Treatment is needed as well.  To me of course my hair felt thinner and weaker.   My protective styling is suppose to help strengthen and retain length but this experience was not either. 

I want natural shed hair which in its curly state is hard for me to recognize from breakage..... Sorry Still a Rookie on that one.  I want to see continued healthy growth.  I may have to start doing a more delicate and precise detangling method.   It seems when I was wearing my wng's my hair was less tangled then when I put protective styles in.  I wonder why?  In my wng's I never use gel and hair is prone to frizz but not as many tangles or single strand knots as 2 strand twists.  Hmmmm.

I think I will begin to detangle my hair in sections.  Buy some more Trader Joe's Nourishing Spa and add my EVCO & EVOO.  I also made my own leave-in after cowashing this time.   Dont have precise measurements for this small batch but my hair is So Soft and it was a heck of a curl definer too.

Suave Prof. Almond Shea Conditioner
 4 drops of Rosemary oil
Vitamin E
Castor Oil
Olive Oil

I am going to measure the next small batch as well as make sure that I have all the ingredients that I want.   I think the Castor Oil is the main ingredient that is making it extra soft.  3 days later I only touch up the edges with castor oil/ vitamin e oil before bedtime and in the morning.

Gonna check out Essential Beauty Spa for a Steam Treatment this week.  I dont want anyone to protective style just give me hair care maintenance for now!  I am not very trusting and can't even think of the highlights I wanted at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment