Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Flat Twisted Sides and TST's on the Top and Back!


TGIF Everyone,


I got up this morning and really could not think of how I wanted to wear my hair this weekend.   I took my Bonnet off and saw that my twist out needed a bit of help.   After some failed attempts at several updo's with the twist out, I decided to just do a quick twist hair style.  I got out of bed at 6:15am and finished my hair by 7:30.  Flat twists on side and tst's on top and back.







It really didnt take very long and I have a bowling tournament in Philadelphia tomorrow afternoon.   It snowed this morning only about 1-2 inches and I wanted something that was easy to throw a hat on and off. 

The products that I used for twisting was H2O to dampen and make sure fully detangled from twist out,   Oyin Handmade's Whipped Pudding with a bit of Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade.   When finished I put some Aloe Vera Gel down each twist and sealed with EVOO/ Soybean Oil.  I put my Loc Soc on to set the twists and finish getting ready for work.



I will probably be sweating tomorrow at the tournament and wanted a nice and easy hair style for travel and staying with friends.  I will probably keep these in for at least a week or more due to the face that I had washed my hair this week as well as I can always do a twist out and make this style into a twist out/ hawk, since I put the tst's in the top and down the back.

We will see about that.  Not sure how that style will look on me.

BTW, my daughter has decided she wants to go natural.  Her hair is about 12-14 inches with an inch of new growth.  She says that she is going to try to go natural but if it takes to long to grow out  and she likes the length, she will just do a big trim and perm.   She is currently wearing Sew ins and really prefer those over braids.  She said she wouldnt mind doing a set of kinky twists.  I am going to look at some Youtube Videos to see if I can master kinky twists.  If  I do, I will save us a ton of money.

I would like to become more of a natural hair guru and stylist and supplement my income.  I have a long way to go for that, but I may get a mannequin head and start trying a few styles and techniques.

Have a Safe and Exceptional Weekend!

1 comment:

  1. This is just filled with good news now, isn't it? First, your twists look lovely. I wish I had the patience to do something similar in my own hair . . . but I fear it would take hours!! But the news of your daughter's decision is exciting. I hope that you are able to keep her encouraged. It'll probably take her two years to grow it completely out.

    Ah yes, the side gig. Work it out!!

    ReplyDelete