Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Small Twist to an Old Style and a New Homemade Hair Mix.



Well I thought I was going to do something different but went back to my ole trusty two strand twists.   I did adorn one side with flat twists.

Saturday I had a memorial to attend so I decided to awaken early and do my hair before going.  This style that I am wearing is the result of Sunday splitting the medium two strand twists in Two.  Now I have flowing stretched mini-twists which I put my concoction in and let the ends curl.  I am very pleased with the results.

Monday I actually went to the Vitamin Shoppe and bought some aloe vera juice and aloe vera gel and some grapeseed oil to put into my hair mix.  These are the ingredients used:

Raw Unrefined shea butter ( Some that an African friend brought me back from the Motherland)
Mango Butter
Grapeseed Oil
Vitamin E oil
14 drops of Rosemary
4 drops peppermint
Aloe Vera Gel
Vatika Oil ( Trying to use my Vatika Coconut oil with henna, amla etc to help thicken my hair)
Castor Oil
Extra Virgin Olive Oil w/ Soy Bean Oil
A small bit of fragrance oil ( Wet Kisses)

I mixed everything after stiring with a plastic knife and put in the Freezer for 10 mins.
Removed from the freezer and began to whip again with the plastic knife.


This Mix was Oh So light and fluffy and it melts into your hair so very nicely with a wonderful softness, shine and moisture.  I will have to let a few friends and family sample this mix and get their review.  I used a bit of this when splitting my twists into mini-twists.

I love a successful attempt.  The consistency is one that I really like.  Feels like its whipped when I only used a plastic knife from a fast food joint...LMBO.  I am going to try to keep these twists in for at least 2-3 weeks with a weekly cowash and only redo portions that may need a touching up.

Have a great day!  Oh Yeah, Did I tell you I love my Natural Hair!

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I didn't know Vitamin Shoppe sold those. I'll be headed there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Vitamin shoppe carries alot of essential oils and organic things... even Jane Carter products.

    Some may be reasonable and some expensive but there are usually a few options as far as brands.

    ReplyDelete