Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Products that I love! Some Considered Good & Some Considered Not So Good!

Let's Start of by saying that " I Love My Natural Hair"!

I am 3 Months into my 6 Month Protective Style Challege and I am thinking about extending the Challenge.  I have been wearing alot of 2 strand twist and mini-twists styles. The mini-twists can be styled like Loose Naps and I love the versatility.  With the protective styles I have changed my regimen to washing only when my hair has build up or my scalp itches or something (2-3 weeks).  I keep my hair well moisturized; paying special attention to my ends. I still consider myself a newbie and find more and more products (inexpensive), that gives my hair moisture, luster and general good health.   I will list all the products that I use today or alternatively use.





Oyin Handmade Honey Wash
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
Oyin Handmade Whipped Pudding & Frank & Greg Juice
Aloe Vera Gel
Unrefined Shea Butter
Rosemary, Peppermint, Tea Tree Essential Oils
Castor Oil & Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.
Campania: Pure Soybean Oil & Extra Virgin Olive Oil($1.00 at Dollar Tree)
Chagrin Valley Ayurveda Shampoo Bar, Coconut Butter Bar, Olive Bassau Bar.
Dabur Vatika Oil with Amla, Coconut Oil and Lemon & Herbs.
Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque ( for twisting) to use it up because didn't like it for a deep conditioning treatment
Butters n Bars Original Conditioning Masque (Haven't used but saw Jazzwife's review as a must have)
Carol's Daughter Hair Milk ( Havent used in a while but love this on my Wash N Go's in the Warm Months.

Some of the Commercial Items I've Used Successfully:

Herbal Essence (HE)  Hello Hydration
HE None of your Frizziness
HE Totally Twisted
Garnier Frutise Leave In Sleek N Shine
ORS Hair Mayonaise
QP Elasta DPR-11  and Mango Butter

When I initially went natural I tried the Miss Jessie's Sample Pack and Shampoo and Conditioner.  I really liked the shampoo and conditioner and Rapid Recovery & Baby Buttercreme.

I have in my cabinet a large Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel & a Clear Eco Styler Gel, however I only use the clear most times and rare use that because my edges are so fine and soft, the burnt sugar or whipped pudding will hold them in place.

For Christmas my Sister bought me a Ionic 2n1 Steamer which is the exact same as the Heutiful for $84.99 on Ebay.  Have not used it yet because of my late night Wash Days but will very soon.

About Soy Bean Oil - the brand that I use with the Olive Oil is 90% Olive Oil & 10% Soy Bean Oil

Here is an little bit about Soybean Oil:

The properties within the soybeans do more than just help hair maintain moisture. As you use soybean oil, over time you will also notice that this healthy oil strengthens your locks. Soybeans are dense and loaded with protein.

Hair is made of protein, and additional proteins consumed in your diet and put on your hair helps to add strength and durability. Of course, you will only get results with consistency, so be sure to use this oil on your hair often and eat a healthy diet. Organic soybean oil is best because it does not contain any pesticides or other chemicals.

Read more: Benefits of Soybean Oil for Hair | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_5798238_benefits-soybean-oil-hair.html#ixzz19WXUXsCP
 


Hair Goals for 2011:  Healthy & Fabulous Hair.
Shoulder length Shrunken Tresses and the Crown at least Chin Length. APL Stretched.

Personal Goals:  Get & Work a Effective Financial Plan, Maintain Healthy Relationships with my Family & Friends, Prosper at Work & Career.  Continue to Love My Lord & Savior.   Oh Yeah and Lose 15 pounds by February and keep it off.





No comments:

Post a Comment